Monday, April 7, 2014

An Important Business Lesson I learned from Disney’s Frozen


I recently joined Platform University, which is a tremendous entrepreneurial resource provided by Michael Hyatt and his daughter Megan Hyatt Miller. 

One of the many lessons I have already learned is the importance of having a photo in which you are facing the camera directly on the About page of your website. 

Why is this important?

Great question! It may seem ridiculous to some people and nit-picky to others,
but there is a subtle issue of trust involved in the position of your eyes in the photo.  Your About page is an opportunity for your audience to meet you—often for the first time. Think about meeting someone in person: do you make eye contact with them?  I certainly hope so.  We all associate trust with direct eye contact, and websites are no different.

As I shared this principle with my wife, my daughter overheard me and chimed in, “that’s just like Hans in Frozen, Dad. In all the pictures I’ve seen of him, he’s never looking at the camera.” 

Hmm. Subtle does not mean unimportant.


As Coach John Wooden was fond of saying, “It’s the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for leaving a comment.