Wednesday, May 2, 2012

A Gift from Garrels

Yesterday, I received a wonderful surprise in the mail.  Almost a year ago, I came across an album called "Love & War & The Sea In Between" by Josh Garrels.  I had never heard of this artist, but I decided to download the digital album.  Why?  Easy.  It was free.  What did I have to lose beyond some space on my hard drive.

After about three times through the 18-track work, I was hooked.  So, I made a meager donation on his noisetrade site. (By the way, you can also find it on a bandcamp site now.)  My donation (or tip) was a small way of saying "thank you" for the music.

So, yesterday when I opened a package from Portland, Oregon, I found a shrink-wrapped, beautifully packaged cd release of the album and this wonderful signed note from Josh:



Today, I will confidently tell you that the Josh Garrels' release was my favorite album in 2011, and it's still in the top three albums for my current, regular listening.

I am truly blown away by his generous spirit.  I am moved by his desire to bless people with his music in such a sacrificial way.  Josh, thank you for the gift of your music!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for leaving a comment.